Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool #11


1. My favorite tools are Animoto, Stupeflix, and Glogster. Animoto and Stupeflix are so user friendly. Students are able to create movies so quickly. Glogster is an awesome tool to use to replace any projects students would normally do using posterboard & markers.

2. Learning is so different now compared to when I was in school. Students need to be engaged in their learning using a various forms of media. Having all of these devices available to students makes me stretch my own thinking & imagination to see how I can effectively use these in my classroom to fit the curriculum. The technology available is meant to enhance & enrich the curriculum....not just add on to it. It is supposed to make it easier and products students make are supposed to replace projects that are normally done using pen and paper.

3. There were parts of this training that needed more explaination and steps. I think the Voki needed more steps for embedding since some Voki's were not on the sidebar. I was only surprised by some of the brief postings. It was hard for me to comment on some blogs since there was such a short post.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a "Techie"! I really loved reading your blog. It helped me to stay on the right track. Many thanks for doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animoto is by far the star of the show. I had problems with Stupeflix for the kids with installing little app on the netbooks. Animoto's genres of songs are wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I like Stupeflix but a quick, easy, professional product is Animoto for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Animoto is the winner hands down. Your students did a great job showing their learning using the 2.0 tools incorporated into your lessons. Thanks for your help with comments. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete