Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tool #2

After completing the above, share you thoughts about building and participating in an online community and participating in a PLN. What points stood out to you from the commenting advice? Were you able to apply any of the advice in your comments? How did you feel about sharing your thoughts publicly? Was it different than when you're sharing your successes/challenges with your teammate?

The "list of things to consider" are exactly what kids need to be taught to do when using blogs in the classroom. I would definitely shorten the list, but this list is a great tool to use when teaching. I have no problems sharing thoughts publicly ...especially among teachers. We are all here to collaborate and share wisdom.

Share the url or name of a website or social network that you plan to visit in the future. What does that site have to offer?

Tammy's Technology Tips for Teachers - If you join her mailing list you will be sent a tip a week. She has great easy ideas that can be used in the classroom immediately. She offers screenshots to help guide you when trying to use the tools yourself.
http://elearning-mesc.wikispaces.com/iPads+for+Learning -This wiki had a lot of great links/resources for using iPads in the classroom. I love how it's very easy to navigate through and easily organized.
The Educator's PLN -This site is VERY overwhelming to look at...so much information and text! Wow! I just went straight to the "Blogs" link at the top of the page...tons of great resources.
Wonderful Websites - I came across this which is awesome because all the links are in one place. I know I am going to be exploring some of these sites this summer.I've used some of the web 2.0 tools, but I am always on the look out for more.
I started using Google Reader when I took 11 1/2 Things or 23 Things and I love it because it is so easy to just look at all the blogs you follow for updates.




3 comments:

  1. Tammy's a gem of a site. SBISD needs to take her off the spam list. I don't always get my updates from her. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ancors Away (great name Alaska bound chick,)
    You are the second person whose blog I've read that has suggested using Google Reader. I like the idea of everything being located in one place. I'm going to get on and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Anchors. Can't wait to continue to share ideas with you as we will be working together next year!

    ReplyDelete