Friday, May 13, 2011

Tool #4

I created a document with a teammate to plan our Humanitarian Expo. We started a list of countries that had natural disasters. We tried the chat feature and found it very helpful to collaborate without a face to face meeting. I have used Google Docs with students this year. They have sent me their pieces of writing & I have sent them documents as well. They hardest thing for them was typing in my long email address. As our time becomes more & more packed with meetings and an endless "to do" list I could definitely see sharing our nine week newsletter with teammates for editing and collaborating. This would eliminate yet another meeting after school. Next year I will continue to use Google Docs for publishing student writing and I hope to venture into using forms more.I created a survey at the beginning of the year to get to know my students. It was very easy to do and share. Students had no problems accessing the form. I wish I could have used forms more often. My goal was create assessments, but I just never got around to creating them.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I would like for the students to be able to search for our email addresses like they can search for other students. I find it interesting that they can easily share with each other as we can easily share with each other. However, the problem is sharing between teacher and student. Good way to grade "paperlessly."

    ReplyDelete
  2. If students were able to search for teacher emails and more easily contact a teacher do you have any concerns about excessive emails or inappropriate use of the information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea to find out student info through a student survey at the beginning of the year. Great tool for that! Assessments would be ideal, perhaps I could contribute to that next year.

    ReplyDelete