Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tool #5






Last year and at the beginning of this year Animoto students had trouble using it due to loading issues. Students were waiting 10-15 minutes for 4 pictures to load. I took a webinar on Stupeflix (a Google app) and it was just as easy to use as Animoto. The end product is very nice. There are many pros and cons to using Animoto vs. Stupeflix. One of the biggest differences is that the music lounge that Stupeflix offers. All the music choices are instrumental. Animoto offers classical music selections as well as music with actual lyrics. Applying for an Animoto educator is easy & their turn around time is about 24 hours. Once you have the educator account you are allowed to make videos longer than 30 sec. I have posted examples of both. Students were able to create their videos within 30 min.
Below are two examples of Glogsters my students made this year. I've had some loading issues with Glogster as well, but I really like the end product and the kids love using it. When I give projects/assignments I try to give students options. Although, the first time I introduce a web 2.0 tool everyone uses the same tool.

Caroline

Spencer

3 comments:

  1. The Glogsters look great. I never knew you could embed a video into Glogster. Is that a Discover Ed video? How did you do that? I used Glogster a lot in the past for the Environmental Poster Contest but haven't used it this year that much. I am now going to revisit Glogster. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are Discovery Education videos. You can embed video clips. I told to them choose short clips...not the whole movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were awesome! Really giving me good ideas of how to use this in my classroom. I also read on another blog, that creating these yourself to introduce a unit, might be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete